Saturday 25 February 2012

Valentines Meal 2012- Cooking My First T-Bone Steak!

As valentines day was approaching I was thinking what can I cook my fiancé for our first valentines of being engaged (but our 5th Valentines Day together), I wanted to cook something special, nothing too ordinary. I spent weeks planning and deliberating what exactly would be special enough.


This man is a man who loves his steak so that was a given, but it needed to be out of the ordinary so I decided that I would cook my very first T-Bone Steak, not something I had ever attempted before even though I had previously been a grill chef..T-Bone steaks weren't something that ever frequented the type of establishment I'd worked for. Luckily for me it turned out brilliantly and cooked to perfection for him. It even smelled and looked delicious to me (A non-eater of Beef).




I started by heating a griddle pan (Tefal, oh how I love you!) on the hob for around 8 minutes (My electric cooker seems to take forever to heat up)I then seasoned the uncooked T-Bone on each side with salt, white pepper and a little mustard powder before cooking, as I place the steak in the pan it made a beautiful sizzle which told me the temperature was just right, no oil or butter was needed as the T-Bone has more than enough fat on to caramelise it.


I cooked it just over 4 minutes each side and rested it for 10 minutes for it to be perfectly cooked to his preference of Medium.


He was absolutely delighted to have this lovely cut of steak at home! Will definitely be doing this again!


Success!! Hooray!!

1 comment: