Thursday 31 January 2013

Waffles! Tasty Waffles!


Hello My Lovelies,

For those of you who follow my facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/SitaMeenaSaysJomMakan 
you will know my darling Fiancé bought me an Andrew James Waffle Maker for Christmas (something that I have coveted for some time now)






So with that in mind once the hustle and bustle of Christmas and New Year was over and I was back in the comfort of my own home (and kitchen...yay!) I decided it was time to try out my beautiful and shiny new kitchen gadget.





As you can imagine I was rather excited about using my new gadget, not knowing how it would go I just got stuck in! The first few I made were dreadful (but tasted sooo good!), not knowing I needed to spread the batter around quickly (because the waffle maker is hot so they started to cook right away!) I had what I can only describe as bald in places waffles! Not so pretty I can assure you... however they still tasted yummy so we gobbled them up straight away with some maple syrup!


If you don't own a waffle maker (get one you won't be disappointed!) you can easily use a frying pan or a griddle pan to cook them in, obviously you won't get the same shape or pattern on them but they will still be delicious. You just need to cook them long enough to be golden brown on both sides and fully cooked in the middle then cut into stripes and enjoy!

Now this recipe will make around 10 Full Waffles in a Waffle Maker this size and shape. 





Ingredients:


  • 250g Plain Flour
  • 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
  • 1 Tsp Salt
  • 3 Tbsp Caster Sugar
  • 3 Large Eggs (lightly beaten)
  • 425ml Whole Milk
  • 115g Butter (melted)


  1. Pre-heat your waffle maker to the highest heat setting
  2. Mix together your dry ingredients in a large batter jug
  3. Whisk in the eggs, milk and butter until well combined and the batter is nice and smooth
  4. Ladle (not quite a full ladle) miture into each well of the waffle maker
  5. Close waffle maker and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown on both sides
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all of the batter is used up.
  7. ENJOY!!




Any leftover waffles can be frozen or popped into a ziplock bag and re-toasted to crisp up again!! 

I like to have these as a simple dessert with strawberries, chocolate sauce and whipped cream or as part of a breakfast with bacon, scrambled eggs and maple syrup!

What ever your favourite combination is enjoy it!!

Until next time....

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment