Thursday 31 January 2013

Perfect Yorkshire Puddings Every Time!!






Hello My Lovelies,

I know for alot of people the words Yorkshire Puddings strike fear into the hearts of home cooks up and down the country!

When I first started attempting to make Yorkies over 5 years ago now they were shocking! They would never rise and were stodgy and greasy, and my darling Fiancé will never let me forget the time I had run out of plain flour and decided it would be just fine to use self-raising instead (BIG NO NO!). These will always be dubbed in my household as 'Yorkshire Cakes'.

Luckily now my yorkies are perfect everytime! The big secret is SMOKING HOT fat! Whether it oil, lard, beef dripping or goose fat it needs to be smoking hot otherwise they simply will not rise.

So here is my recipe for my Yorkshire Puds! Light and crispy with the signature hole in the middle for holding all that yummy gravy...mmm gravy.




Make 12 individual Yorkshire Puddings

Ingredients:


  • 4 Large Eggs (weighed)
  • Equal weight of Milk
  • Equal weight of Plain Flour
  • Pinch Of Salt & Pepper
  • Fat/Oil Enough to just cover the bottom of each well
  • Muffin Tin with 12 holes

  1. Heat the oven to 230 degrees
  2. Weigh the eggs in a large batter jug and add equal weights of milk and flour
  3. Season to taste (you can even add in herbs at this stage)
  4. Whisk thoroughly making sure the batter has no lumps
  5. Leave to stand for at 10 minutes
  6. Place the fat into each well of the muffin tin and heat until the fat is smoking around 20 minutes
  7. Give the batter another quick whisk
  8. Turn oven down to 210 degrees
  9. Add the mixture to each well of the muffin tin (ensuring you hear a sizzle), around three quarters full.
  10. Leave to cook until golden brown for approximately 20-25 minutes

Enjoy with your favourite Sunday dinner







No comments:

Post a Comment